Effective as of September 10, 2020.
I. Categories of Information Collected
Some of the information we collect is “Personal Information,” which generally means information that identifies you as an individual, and other information we associate with it. This may include a name, mailing address, e-mail address, driver's license number, date of birth, social security number, credit/debit card information (and related payment information) and/or telephone number. If you or or your minor child belongs create an account on one of our Sites, the Personal Information we collect may relate to minor children.
We collect several categories of information, from the different sources:
A. Information You Provide: We receive information you provide to us when you:
(1) create an account with us (including a shopping account online, an account to review products, a customer loyalty account, a team sports or event registration account or any other type of account);
(2) make a purchase;
(3) contact us via any customer service method;
(4) submit user-generated content (via our Sites, Internet Marketing Channels or otherwise);
(5) participate in customer research, surveys, sweepstakes or promotions;
(6) subscribe for email, text, or other messages;
(7) work with our Teammates/Associates who provide you with in-store services or otherwise assist you with your product needs and purchases through use of Sites;
(8) download or use our Sites;
(9) otherwise communicate information to us.
B. Information We Receive From Third Parties. We may receive information you provide on behalf of third parties, or third parties provide on your behalf, including but not limited to gift recipients, online registrations/purchases, ship-from-store, in-store pick-up, registries or as a result of your interactions with other users on our team sports or event Sites.
We receive information from sources assisting us with (i) updating, enhancing, improving and/or analyzing our records or data; (ii) performing marketing and research services; or (iii) detecting fraud or theft. We may also acquire information about you from third parties with whom we have a relationship or otherwise contract with to obtain such information. In the event we acquire a business, we may receive information from the seller of such business. Additionally, we may receive information from various consumer reporting agencies and related service providers.
C. Information that is passively collected when you use the Sites. When you visit our Sites or interact with us through your device, (including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or other technologies in our stores) we may collect "User Activity Information" through Cookies, Web Beacons and other similar or related technologies (collectively, "Information Technologies"). "Cookies" are small text files sent to your device as you visit our Sites or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels and saved on your device via your browser. "Web Beacons" (also known as pixels or tags) are a common form of web technology used on our Sites and Internet Marketing Channels to monitor visits to certain pages within, interactions with, and the effectiveness of, our Sites and our Internet Marketing Channels.
User Activity Information we collect through these Information Technologies includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, device characteristics (such as connection type, operating system, browser type, screen resolution), location information, user ID, and your interactions with our Sites and Internet Marketing Channels, such as which webpages you visit, your keyword searches, and the products or product categories viewed. User activity information may also include information about: your mobile device if it is being used to visit the Sites (such as device model, operating system, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information); how you use our Sites and Internet Marketing Channels, search terms, pages you visit on our Sites and application performance information. In addition, while User Activity Information does not generally identify or relate to you as an individual, we may associate this type of information with you as an individual and may also determine your general location from this information.
F. Other Information. In addition to collecting Personal Information as described above, we may collect information that does not identify you and is not associated with your Personal Information. We may also de-identify information so it no longer identifies you. We can aggregate and use such information to engage in marketing and other activities in a manner that does not use customers’ personal information and is outside the scope of this Policy.
II. Your Choices
We provide customers with a number of choices regarding our collection, use and disclosure of personal information:
A. Email Opt-Out. You may unsubscribe to future e-mail communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in our e-mail communications. In addition, you may use the methods set forth in the "Contact Customer Service" link below to opt-out or update certain preferences. Regardless of your decision to opt-out of e-mail communications, we may still contact you to respond to an inquiry, regarding transactions and for transactional purposes (e.g., sales confirmations, shipping notifications, recalls, product information, service/reminder notices and account maintenance).
B. Disabling Cookies. Based upon your interactions with our Sites and elsewhere on the internet and your (and your device’s) interaction with our Internet Marketing Channels, we may personalize your experience via our Sites and via our Internet Marketing Channels. You may choose to access our Sites and our Internet Marketing Channels without accepting certain Information Technologies on your device(s), and you may opt-out or modify certain elements that are tailored specifically to you and served to you based upon your browsing history. If you choose to restrict those Information Technologies, you can still access our Sites and Internet Marketing Channels, but may not be able to take full advantage of certain features. You may also manage third party tracking by turning off cookies and changing your browser settings.
C. Interest-Based Advertising. We participate in interest-based advertising (IBA), also known as Online Behavioral Advertising. We use third-party advertising companies and networks to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online when you visit our Sites, Internet Marketing Channels and across other sites to serve you Company advertisements across the Internet and through other channels. If you choose to restrict, opt-out or modify your preferences, you may still see or receive Company advertisements on our Sites, on our Internet Marketing Channels and on other sites, but such advertisements will not be based upon your browsing history.
D. Location Information. When you visit our Sites, they may collect general location information from your IP address and your specific location information (latitude and longitude) from your browser. You may opt-out of allowing our use of specific location information we obtain when you visit our Sites on-line by selecting the option of not allowing us to use location information when prompted by your browser or by managing your browser settings. Note, such opt-outs and browser settings do not limit our ability to use your general location obtained via your IP address.
E. Mobile Device and Application Preferences.
1. Text Messages. If you have opted-in to receive text messages from us, we may send text messages to the number provided that corresponds to your device. To opt out of mobile messaging reply “stop” to text messages received from such member. This will opt you out of all text message campaigns from that member only.
2. Push Notifications. You may at any time opt out from further push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
3. Location Information. You may at any time opt-out from allowing us to access specific location information of your device by adjusting the permissions in the mobile device you use to access our Sites and those of our third party partners through your mobile browser.
III. How We Use Your Information
We do not generally disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties without your prior consent, although we do disclose information to third parties in some circumstances as described below under “When We Disclose Information.” We use your information in ways consistent with this Policy and applicable laws in the following ways:
1. Fulfilling, delivering and communicating with you regarding requests for information and orders for products and/or services.
2. Maintaining our loyalty programs.
3. Processing credit card applications, payments, returns and other such transactions.
4. Administering surveys, sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
5. Providing customer service.
6. Conducting research and analysis.
7. Alerting you to product, service and promotional information, including product recalls.
8. Helping us to improve and customize our products and services, Sites and Internet Marketing Channels.
9. To advertise our products and services to you and those of our partners that we think may be of interest to you.
10. Enabling Organizations, account holders, and others to utilize the features and functionality and Services of our Sites, including facilitating communications among Organization participants, members and others.
11. As may otherwise be disclosed at the time of collection.
In doing so, we may:
1. Combine certain Personal Information and non-personal information collected online and offline, including information collected from third parties;
2. Retain the information as needed to provide you products/services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements as necessary in our sole discretion;
3. Process User Activity Information to associate you with your interactions on our Sites and In-Store services; including to recognize you and your preferences as you return to our Sites or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels, to tailor advertisements to you, and to provide other services to you. We may display targeted ads to you through Internet Marketing Channels. These ads are sent to groups of people who may share common traits, such as likely commercial interests or demographics. For example, if you have expressed an interest in shopping for golf, we may target you with golf-related products. In addition to such tailoring, we use User Activity Information to ensure that our online presence operates properly and efficiently for you and for your individual customer experience, to evaluate the use and benefit of such presence, and to support our Sites and our Internet Marketing Channels; and
4. Use location information from your device in order to deliver marketing messages to you which may be more relevant to your general location. We may also use this data to track the effectiveness of local marketing campaigns, as well as our store location services.
IV. How We Disclose Your Information
We may share your information (including Personal Information) with the following categories of third parties where consistent with this Policy and applicable laws:
1. With third party businesses and service providers that assist with our business operations, such as shipping vendors, billing or other payment vendors, payment card processors, IT services, customer service, email and text delivery services, marketing and research vendors and various companies that work with us to improve or provide our products and services and our data integrity including advertising networks and data analytics providers. While we are not involved in the day-to-day operations of such businesses and providers, our agreements generally obligate them to use reasonable methods to keep any Personal Information safe and secure, and not use such Personal Information for purposes other than providing their applicable services. However, even if a third party business or service provider is performing business operations on our behalf, if you have an independent relationship with such third party business or service provider, its use of your information may be governed by its independent relationship with you, and we are not responsible for such use.
2. As we deem necessary in the event (or partial event) of a corporate sale (asset or stock), merger, reorganization, change in corporate control, acquisition, insolvency, bankruptcy or similar event.
3. In connection with various co-branded, warranty, delivery/assembly and/or financial products or services, including our private label credit card(s).
4. To comply with applicable law or reasonable request based upon governmental regulation, court order, subpoena or similar related action.
5. As we deem necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Company, our customers, our associates or others, to prevent harm or loss, or in connection with an investigation or suspected or actual unlawful activity.
6. To the extent permitted by law, User Activity Information that is passively collected when you use our Sites as described above may be shared with our online and email advertisers or other third-party vendors we use who may provide Information Technologies on our Sites or other websites to manage and improve our online and email advertising campaigns.
8. As may otherwise be disclosed at the time of collection.
V. How to Update Your Information
If you have an account on one or more of our Sites, you can log-in to your account on the applicable Site and update your information and communication preferences provided there. Some fields (such as password) can be Site specific and if you have more than one account with us or registered on more than one Website, you will need to update each account.
1. We may refuse requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical efforts, risk the privacy of others or are impractical.
2. After closing your account(s), or updating or deleting any of your information, we may retain residual copies on our servers and back-up systems to the extent permitted by law.
3. Closing an account will not affect information we obtain via Information Technologies.
We use a variety of security measures to help protect Personal Information and transactions we process. Our Sites utilize encryption technology to protect Personal Information that we transport across the internet. Customers’ online and mobile accounts are password protected with restricted access.
Additionally, we use a variety of security measures to help protect Personal Information that we maintain. While no company can guarantee the security of your information, we use physical, administrative and technical controls that are consistent with retail industry practices to mitigate such risks.
Our Sites are "general audience" websites and not directed toward children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without express parental consent. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have unauthorized information about your child who is under the age of 13, please let us know by contacting us at our store.
VIII. Third Party Links
Our Sites and our Internet Marketing Channels may link to other sites that we do not control. In addition, you may have visited our Site through a link or a banner advertisement on another site. In such cases, the site you linked from may collect information from people who click on the banner or link. These other sites are governed by their own privacy policies which you should review when visiting such sites to understand how they collect and use your information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices third party sites.
We have found a more accurate shipping address based on the information you have provided. Do you want to use the following Shipping Address?